On Tuesday, I posted one of my favorite ways to make chicken, here. For today’s thrifty thursday, I’m going to share some easy ways to use up the chicken and leftovers (if you have any).
1. Make burritos.
I cook rice. Then in a bowl, mix corn, peppers, rice, chicken, a little chicken broth, cheese, and beans. Pop it in a greased glass pan, and in the oven at 350 until it’s all melted. Serve over lettuce, by itself, or in a tortilla with sour cream and salsa. Amazing!
2. Add it to a salad. Again, delicious!
3. Add some bbq to make a pulled chicken sandwich. I’m not sure how I feel about this one, but my husband loves it. (Then again, he eats pb and cheese grilled sandwiches.)
4. Use it as a nacho topping. I’ve been wanting to try this one, but nachos aren’t my husband’s cup of tea.
5. Tortilla Rollups. On a tortilla, spread cream cheese. Add chicken, salsa, and lettuce. Roll it up and cut into thirds. I served these at the baby shower I hosted. Not a single one left. They were super delicious!
6. Get creative. The sky is (almost) the limit on this one. If you find or know of any more awesome uses, comment or email me. I’d love to try them out!
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, check out my disclosure page.